Even the royalty of previous ages would be hard pressed to find teachers like this around the world at instant access.
And then there are all those awesome blogs. Esp book blogs. Books automatically sort of lift up the conversation around them. There is someone's years or months of work that a reader has spent hours reading, and mostly it opens conversation with self, or a desire to note what one sees, learns, understands. And sometimes, this sharing guides other readers to newer wishlist. And at other times is quite enriching by itself, providing endless fodder for the thoughts to take off from.
Sometimes I go looking for blogs around authors I enjoy to find other reads. And along the process I discover some treasure troves of really big readers. (I am that way a small reader with big aspirations). At times, I'll be noting these links here for future ref.
*
And since I talk about this age of plenty, in terms of accessible learnings, lessons and wisdom, I also wish to note (as a self reminder), that one doesn't need a lot. There is beauty in little things, in simplicity. As someone said, sometimes one just needs blank paper. Yet, there is a beauty in engaged, working, absorbed mind. So keep exploring, yet keep coming back, centering and consolidating. It is in the learning, the becoming, rather than the collecting.
No comments:
Post a Comment