I am currently reading Diary of a Tuscan Bookshop, by Alba Donati. It is written across a few months, by the owner of a bookshop in a small village. There, at the end of each diary entry, she notes the books or orders she packed that day. Perhaps it is a select list. But already it has led me to browse, look for and find wonderful new shelves in the library.
One such book it brought me across has something to do with flowers, (Intelligence of Flowers), another with trees. But looking for those, I found something else completely. I came across Oliver Sacks Oaxacaca journal. And through the Tuscan book again, I came across Consolations of the trees. Aisles I wouldn't normally look for books but so so delighted and so happy that I got to see these. Reading through both. Both are peaceful and open a set of other books.
Another new aisle that I discovered has a whole host of bookshop books. Sometimes one just need to look at something new to start a whole new upwind.
What I wish to note is for the self - keep browsing, looking, beginning again and again, in the fashion that works best for you, a lot at the same time. And stay open. Pettiness passes. What endures is the core, the balance of the universe. Hope for the best :)
No comments:
Post a Comment