(Trying to :) - From Gulzar's 'Raat Pashmine Ki' or perhaps 'Pashmina night')
The universe - I
Just in a few billion years
when the sun quietly extinguishes
and it is all ashes everywhere
When there is no moon to set
And no morning to rise
Then, like a cold piece of doused coal
this chunk of Earth will roam
lost, lost
in some faint light.
What if then, I wonder,
this piece of paper with this poem
flying about in space, falls in the sun
perhaps, then, perhaps,
the sun will light up again!
*
God - 2
I am on this side of the wall.
This side is warmth, sunlight, greenery,
dewdrops on leaves,
and also the lazy fog, which when appears
stays for hours dozing in the branches
Rain dances like a trapeze on long wires
and disappears from the eyes.
Each season comes, colors one in its spirit.
But on the other side of this clay wall,
why is there such quiet?
Who is it that makes no sound but
Keeps sitting forever leaning on this wall?
No comments:
Post a Comment